Rainy days needn't spell the end of your gardening activities. Here, we bring you 5 charming garden-themed crafts that will bring the joy of gardening indoors. Ideal for both kids and adults, these projects are sure to keep you busy and inspired when you can't venture into your garden.
1. Handmade Garden Ornaments
Handmade garden ornaments are a fantastic way to add a personal touch to your indoor plants or garden. You can create these with materials readily available at home.
- Air-dry clay
- Acrylic paint
- Clear sealant
- String or ribbon
- Roll out your clay and cut out your desired shapes.
- Allow them to dry completely.
- Paint your ornaments with your chosen designs. Let them dry.
- Afterwards, apply a coat of clear sealant to protect your ornaments from moisture.
- Attach a string or ribbon to your ornament, and it's ready to hang!
2. DIY Garden Markers
Garden markers are another great craft that combines creativity with practicality.
- Wooden spoons
- Acrylic paint
- Permanent marker
- Paint the handle of each spoon in a different color. Let them dry.
- Write the name of a plant on the spoon's bowl using a permanent marker. Your garden markers are ready!
3. Nature-Inspired Artwork
Creating nature-inspired artwork is a joyful way to connect with nature while staying indoors.
- Paper or canvas
- Natural materials (leaves, flowers, etc.)
- Arrange your natural materials on your canvas or paper.
- Paint over them with your chosen colors. Allow the paint to dry before removing the items.
- You now have a stunning piece of nature-inspired artwork!
4. Indoor Container Garden
An indoor container garden is a perfect project for those who love plants and want to bring a bit of the garden indoors.
- Various small containers (ceramic pots, mason jars, etc.)
- Potting soil
- Plants or seeds
- Fill your containers with potting soil.
- Plant your seeds or plants in the containers.
- Arrange them in a sunny spot and remember to water them regularly.
5. DIY Bird Feeder
A DIY bird feeder is an excellent craft for nature lovers. It's simple to make and will attract birds to your window.
- Pine cone
- Peanut butter
- Bird seed
- Cover your pine cone in peanut butter.
- Roll it in bird seed until it's well coated.
- Attach a string to the top of the pine cone.
- Hang it near a window and watch the birds come to visit!
These garden-themed crafts are sure to bring a bit of the outdoors inside on a rainy day. So, don't let the weather hold you back.